Saturday, October 10, 2020

Ariel and Sasha Experience ... Arguing???

Ariel: I did not like that.

Sasha: Right with you.

Ariel: No, I mean, really, that was like, the absolute worst.

Sasha: Worse than that dream you had where that stuffed turtle toy with the rotten banana peel stuck to it came out of the dumpster and crawled to our house leaving a trail of moldy stuffing and cockroaches and then somehow got in your bed with you and cuddled its moldy stinky shell all over you and asked you in that creepy voice if you wanted it to sing you a bedtime song, and you were so scared of making it mad that you said yes, and then ...

Ariel: Stop! I don't even want to remember that next part!

Sasha: But our readers will want to know what song it was.

Ariel: They all know what song it was! I can't believe I fell for that turtle's stupid trick!

Sasha: So you're saying the dream was worse than the polyfam argument we just had?

Ariel: No, they were both the absolute worst. I can't believe people actually get into arguments with their boyfriends and girlfriends all the time. And I can't believe that song was actually a hit!

Sasha: Well, maybe the whole argument thing will be a one-hit wonder like that one was.

Ariel: That guy had two hits! I know, I looked it up cause I couldn't believe he had even one.

Sasha: Okay, so then, the next time we have an argument, you can feel relieved because you'll be like, "Oh, here's our second argument. Once it's over we'll be done with arguing forever."

Ariel: ... I mean ... I guess that's one way to look at it.

Sasha: Plus, we're done with the argument now, and it didn't last very long, right?

Ariel: Sure, but I still feel icky about it.

Sasha: As icky as from the singing moldy banana-peel turtle dream?

Ariel: Umm ... I guess ... maybe not? I still get the shudders about that turtle bouncing its stinky stuffed-toy stuffing all over me and singing that song. The argument I just feel ... kinda sad, but at least it's over now.

Sasha: Yeah, but the argument helped us figure some stuff out too, right? And it turned into a really good discussion once it got to where everyone was all snap! snap! grrr! and then suddenly we all realized we were being dumb. The talking it out part after made me feel pretty good.

Ariel: Not worth it though if you ask me.

Sasha: Do you think we'd have gotten to the bottom of Msg's problem if there hadn't been any arguing?

Ariel: Eventually! Claire is good at getting to the bottom of problems. She'd have figured it out sooner or later.

Sasha: That's true. She pretty much kicks ass that way.

Sasha and Ariel: Role model!

Ariel: Only ... I guess you're right in a way too, because however long it would've taken her to figure it out, he would have been unhappy about it that whole time. So that would've been extra unhappiness for him, and I wouldn't have wanted that for sure.

Sasha: See? So, it wasn't a great experience, but good came of it, so I'm okay that it happened.

Ariel: Me too I guess. 

Sasha: I'm glad we agree.

Ariel: Except now I'm mad at you for reminding me of that turtle dream! Agh! And I have that song stuck in my head! You never should have mentioned that!

Sasha: It was the only way to make my point. I had to.

Ariel: Did not!

Sasha: Did too.

Ariel: Did NOT!

Sasha: Did ... what are we doing?

Ariel: We're arguing. I wanted to get our second argument out of the way and be done with that stuff forever.

Sasha: I'd say I don't think it works that way, only that might lead to a third argument.

Ariel: And no one wants that!

Sasha: Very true. We all done with this post then?

Ariel: I think so!

Sasha: Great! I have this website I want to show you.

Ariel: Ooh, what is it?

Sasha: Here, just a second, let me find the link ...

4 comments:

  1. Sash ... I'm just wondering ... how exactly did Aers have a dream where she heard a song she hadn't ever heard before?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um ... uh ... maybe she heard it in the background somewhere and just didn't remember. Because I mean, she obviously didn't really hear it while she was sleeping, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously.

    I mean, for her to actually hear it in her sleep, somebody would've had to deliberately play it while she was out. And I know nobody around here would do that, would they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um ... I mean ... maybe somebody was just ... surfing the web! And got tricked by a trick link! Yeah! That's pretty much the only explanation. Right?

    ReplyDelete