Friday, May 8, 2020

Sasha and Ariel Experience ... Our Anniversary!

Sasha: Can you believe it's been a whole year?
Ariel: Yes!
Sasha: Wait, what? You're supposed to say something like, oh my gosh, no! It went by so fast!
Ariel: But ... I was paying attention? Like, every day was a whole other day with the four most greatest people in the world. So each and every one of those days was nutso awesome. How could that many awesome days pile up and me not notice?
Sasha: I dunno ... I mean, our polyfam still feels ... brand new to me. And fresh, and surprising.
Ariel: Me too! Only I don't know if I'd say "new" as much as "young." New is a little loosey-goosey as far as exactly how much time it means, but it is kinda supposed to be a short time. Young is totally different. It's a feeling ... and maybe even an attitude? A decision? But it's not about time, or else our boyfriend wouldn't seem so young, would he?
Sasha: He's no spring chicken, that's for sure.
Ariel: But things are still wonderful to him, and he still believes in things, and he thinks growing up is for the birds, right?
Sasha: Sure ...
Ariel: So young isn't about time. It's about ... not wearing down and crumbling. I know people do that, physically. But we don't have to do it in our hearts and souls! And being with the people I'm with ... well, that feels like it could keep me young forever.
Sasha: Wow. We're sure lucky you showed up around here, Ariel.
Ariel: If you say so. But I think it was just another decision we all made to stay young. And it's working!
Sasha: Yep, it definitely is. Come here and give me a hug, you! I just love you to pieces.
Ariel: Likewise! And forever, and forever!
Sasha and Ariel: MmmmmmMWAH! Goodnight everybody! Love each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment